James L. Sedore, Jr., CPA
James L. Sedore, Jr. is a career Certified Public Accountant who has spent the last 45 years as a partner in public accounting firms. He began his career in 1965, and in 1982 he, along with Mark O’Sullivan, C.P.A., established the firm of Sedore and O’Sullivan, C.P.A.s. By 2009, the firm expanded to Sedore & Company, C.P.A.s, serving the counties of Dutchess, Putnam, and Orange. Sedore has joined with two other respected Firms to form RBT CPAs, LLP. Jim is licensed to practice accounting in New York
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center (A Health Quest Affiliate)—Past Board Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)—Member
- New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA—Member
- Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountants—Member
- Rotary Club of Wappingers Falls—Member
- Southern Dutchess Exchange Club—Member
- Mount Beacon Incline Railway Restoration Society—Member
Siena College—Bachelor Degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting
Mr. Sedore was raised in Beacon, N.Y. and has been active in many civic organizations, including the Sloper-Willen Community Ambulance Service, the Alamo Ambulance Service, the Fishkill Rotary Club, the Rotary Club of Wappingers Falls, the Southern Dutchess Exchange Club, the Elks Club, the Dutchess County Boy Scout Council, the Dutchess County Girl Scout Council, Family Services, Inc., the Dutchess County Unit of the American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, and the Dutchess Community College Foundation.
In 1990, he was awarded the 23rd annual Meritorious Award by the Exchange Club of Southern Dutchess for Outstanding Community Service, and in 2007 he, along with his wife Diane, were awarded the Commitment to Community Award by the Greater Southern Dutchess Chamber of Commerce.