Karen L. Staples, CPA
Karen has over 25 years of extensive public accounting experience and is a Partner in the Tax Practice of the Firm where she oversees tax policies and procedures and works to update and improve the efficiencies of the tax department. Karen reviews tax returns for compliance, adherence to professional tax standards and, most importantly, to ensure the taxpayer has taken advantage of any tax opportunities available to them. To accomplish this, Karen monitors her tax team’s training to stay abreast of the ever changing tax law.
- Mid-Hudson Chapter of the New York State Society of CPAs – Past President
- New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA) – Member, Partnership Committee
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Leadership Orange – Graduate
- Cornwall Public Library – Treasurer
University of Washington – Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration
- Federal and State income tax compliance for individuals and corporations
- Partnership and LLC tax
- State and Local taxes, including state nexus issues for income and sales taxes
- Cost Segregation Studies
- IRS controversy work
Karen has a way to help her clients maximize tax savings and increase cash flow on future, current or past construction projects……a well-designed Cost Segregation Study. Karen has been instrumental in saving her clients money by suggesting a Cost Segregation Study be performed. Her success with this has saved several of her clients between $45,000 and $110,000 in tax dollars.
Karen is a successful negotiator with the IRS in helping clients reduce taxes assessed during examination and has successfully negotiated with the Federal or State agencies which won in the clients favor.
2002 Tribute to Women of Achievement of Orange County Award Recipient.