Michael R. Yegidis, CPA
Michael was admitted as a partner in the firm as of January 1, 2013. Michael, CPA and MBA, was the co-founding partner of Levitan, Yegidis & Associates. He has been serving the needs and protecting the rights of clients for more than two decades. He has been instrumental in automating the tax preparation and tax planning services within the organization. Mr. Yegidis has played a crucial role in preparing and evaluating analyses which help predict the impact of tax legislation on business owners. He has spent much of his career working with taxing authorities and is a recognized leader in New York State having chaired the Staff Study Conference for the New York State Society of CPA’s. He holds the distinction of being one of the areas few CPA’s licensed to practice in both New York and Florida. He has served clients in a variety of tax planning situations including income and retirement planning, complex like-kind exchange real estate transactions, interstate tax issues, and representation before the tax court and other taxing authorities. His experience in working with state and federal agencies and the application of his sound tax council provide the firm’s clients with the assurance they need that they will not pay more taxes than are due. Over the years he has helped the firm’s clients keep more of what they create and earn.
- New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA)
- New York State Society of CPAs Mid-Hudson Chapter – Chair of Staff Study Conference
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Tax Division Memberon Member
Long Island University – undergraduate degree in Finance
St. John’s University – graduate degree
Certified Public Accountant, New York & Florida
- Federal and State Compliance for Subchapter C and S Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts and Individual Income Taxes
- Federal and State Income Tax Planning for Subchapter C and S Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts and Indivdiuals Federal and State Partnership and LLC Income Tax Compliance
- IRS and NYS controversy and audit representation
Michael has been one of the few tax accountants in the country to follow the IRS’s new Market Segment Specialization Program which targets specific industries for audits. Michael is in part responsible for the development of training programs for attorneys who have come under the microscopes of the Internal Revenue Service. His articles on the subject have appeared various professional publications and his research continues to be sought by CPA’s and attorneys alike. He is active in civic and business organizations and is well recognized for this participation and organizational skills in support of the Middletown Little League and Boy Scout Troop 60.