Barbara E. Ostrander, CPA
Barbara joined the Firm in October 1984 and became its first female partner in 1994. Barbara has over 25 years of extensive public accounting experience and is currently the Managing Partner of the Dutchess County office located in Wappingers Falls, New York.
Barbara enjoys working with entrepreneurs and owners of closely-held businesses helping them to achieve their goals by offering business planning, tax consulting, and accounting services.
- New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA) – Member
- Mid-Hudson Chapter of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants – First Woman President
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Food Bank of the Hudson Valley – Chairperson of the Advisory Board
- Leadership Dutchess – Graduate
- Leadership Orange – Graduate
- Gateway to Entrepreneurial Tomorrows – Volunteers bookkeeping services and training seminars to GET
- Marist College – Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Magna Cum Laude
- Business planning
- Tax consulting
- Accounting Services
- Financial statement preparation
- Internal audits and process evaluations
- Continually watches developments in the small business area as well as in the hospitality industry
- Quickbooks bookkeeping and accounting
Recipient of both the Marist College Academic Achievement Award and Wall Street Journal Award for Excellence in Business.
Recipient of the YWCA Salute to Women Award for her contributions to both the community and business.
First female President of the Mid-Hudson Chapter of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants and also served on the Board of Directors at the statewide level.
Quickbooks Pro-Advisor with certifications in Quickbooks 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
Gateway to Entrepreneurial Tomorrows (GET) – Regular speaker at educational seminars to small business owners and budding entrepreneurs.