Tonia A. Crown, CPA.CITP
Tonia A. Crown, CPA.CITP
Tonia Crown joined the Firm in November 2001 and has over 20 years experience in public accounting. Tonia is the partner-in-charge of the Firm’s Audit and Accounting Department and responsible for all audit engagements.
As partner, Tonia’s responsibilities include effective and efficient performance of audits in various markets including non-profit, insurance, government, education, commercial, and employee benefit plan auditing. Tonia’s experience includes planning, managing, and reviewing the Firm’s audit engagements, and presenting the results to Boards of Directors and other stakeholders. Tonia serves as the Firm’s technical resource on accounting, auditing, and reporting issues and is also responsible for the implementation of regulatory updates and best practice recommendations.
Tonia also leads the Firm’s employee benefit plans audit practice in the Hudson Valley and New York Metropolitan area and conducts peer reviews of other firms that audit employee benefit plans.
Prior to joining the Firm, Tonia gained significant experience at Price Waterhouse, LLP, in Washington, DC and at Deloitte & Touche in New York City.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)—Member
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)—Member
- Orange Regional Medical Center Foundation—Board of Directors
- Tonia recently served on the NYSSCPA Employee Benefits Committee
- Orange County Chamber of Commerce—Board of Directors
- Tonia is particularly proud of her participation on the boards of trustees at Middletown Thrall Library (Vice-President), Literacy Orange (President), and Mount Carmel Church in Middletown, New York.
- Catholic University of America – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Government Audits (municipalities, school districts, and fire districts)
- on-Profit Audits
- Employee Benefit Audits
- Corporate Audits
Tonia and her team of highly trained professionals recently went to a client in need of help. She met with the client’s bookkeeper and discussed in depth the process and procedures of the company. They were able to identify areas that included unnecessary tasks and inefficiencies. Tonia and her team researched and discussed their software package. Following the meeting, Tonia and her team met again with the client to give them an implementation plan that will increase efficiencies in their accounting process.