Michael A. Turturro, CPA
Michael joined the firm in January 1996 and became a Partner on January 1, 2004. Prior to joining the Firm, Michael worked for Aronson, LLC in Washington, D.C., a top 50 national firm, where he performed audits on publicly traded companies.
Currently, Michael serves as a Partner in the Accounting and Client Services division of the Firm, which provides diverse accounting and consulting services to clients. He is also in charge of the Firm’s Technology Committee where he oversees all information technology matters and advises his colleagues on emerging technologies utilized in the accounting field.
Michael is the partner in charge of some of the largest for-profit clients that the Firm serves. He has advised clients in a wide range of industries, including heavy highway construction, mining, manufacturing, banking and franchised automotive dealer services. His experience includes advising companies on business development; internal controls; structuring of corporate transactions and reorganizations; acquisition and disposition planning; compensation-related matters; financing and cash flow projection assembly and analysis; federal, state, and international tax matters; as well as representation in Federal and State audits.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)—Member
- Hudson Valley Patterns for Progress—Chairman of the Board, Executive Committee/Board of Directors/Audit Committee,Treasurer
- Mid-Hudson Chapter, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)—Past Board Member
- Orange County Chamber of Commerce—Past Chairman of the Board Elect Executive Committee/Board of Directors/Audit Committee
- SUNY New Paltz School of Business Advisory Board—Past Board Member
- Associated General Contractors of NYS (AGC)—Member
- Hudson Valley Auto Dealers Association—President
- State University at New Paltz—Past Business Advisory Council
- Mount Saint Mary College—Past Golf Committee Member
- Shawangunk Country Club—Past Treasurer
- State University of New York at New Paltz – Bachelor of Science (Accounting)
- Results Accountants Boot Camp – Graduate
- Leadership Orange – Graduate
- RSM McGladrey Partner Development Training – Graduate
- Certified Public Accountant, New York & Connecticut
- Internal controls and procedures advice
- Best practices ideas
- Technology consulting
- Manufacturing, energy (oil/heat), and auto dealership specialist
- Strategic Planning