Ita M. Rahilly, CPA, AEP
Ita M. Rahilly has over 25 years of extensive public accounting experience and is a Partner in the Tax Division of the Firm. Ita concentrates her efforts in the tax arena where she works with closely-held businesses and their shareholders and assists clients in achieving their goals.
Ita assists many clients with the transition of family wealth from one generation to the next in an orderly way with the least tax impact. She also advises her clients concerning the liquidity for estate tax payments. Her goal is to minimize the administrative burdens for all the survivors. Help in transferring family businesses in an orderly way can also be achieved with Ita’s help.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member of AICPA Governing Council
- Mid-Hudson Chapter of the New York State Society of CPAs – Past Chapter representative to State Board and Past President of Chapter
- National Association of Estate Planners and Councils (NAEPC) – Member
- Hudson Valley Estate Planning Council – Member, Past President
- AICPA Trust, Estate and Gift Technical Resource Panel – Former Member
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) – President, Past Vice-President, Past Committee Chair of Member Relations Committee, Trust and Estate Administration Committee and Investment Sub-Committee and past member of Finance Committee
- Mount Saint Mary College – Past Vice-Chair, Audit Committee Chair, Finance Committee Member, Academic and Faculty Affairs Committee Member
- Notre Dame Club of the Mid-Hudson Valley – Member, Past President (2009-2011)
- SUNY New Paltz Foundation Audit Committee – Member
- Powelton Club – Financial Secretary
- University of Notre Dame – Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Leadership Dutchess – Graduate
- Federal and State compliance and income tax planning for Subchapter C and S Corporations, Partnerships, Estates, Trusts and Individuals
- Estate Planning
- Succession Planning
- International Taxes
- IRS and State controversy work
Ita has worked with clients to save significant dollars.
She also has co-authored comment letters for the American Institute of CPA and the New York State Society of CPAs in response to proposed tax regulations.
Westchester and Fairfield Counties Business Journals – 2016 Most Trusted Advisor Award