Thomas R. DiGovanni, CPA
Tom has been a partner of the Firm since 1986, when he merged his then independent practice. Tom has been advising clients how to minimize taxes, protect wealth, and grow their business since 1972.
Tom’s tax and financial acumen has guided clients in the construction, manufacturing, distribution and hospitality industries so they can achieve the maximum goals they have set for themselves. Tom’s vast experience in taxation has positioned him as a leading taxpayer advisor when Internal Revenue Service and State Tax audits arise.
Often a featured speaker on a wide range of tax and corporate topics, Tom has consulted on and installed ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plans) for many of RBT’s clients.
- American Institute of Certified Public
- Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- New York State Society of Certified Public
- Accountants (NYSSCA) – Member and Past Director
- Mid-Hudson Chapter of the New York State
- Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA) – Member and Past President
- Hudson Valley Estate Planning Council – Member
- Poughkeepsie Rural Cemetery – Treasurer
- Dutchess County Arts Council – Finance Committee
- Italian Center, Poughkeepsie, NY – Treasurer
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Orange County Community College – AAS – Associate of Applied Science
- Tax and financial acumen has guided clients in the construction, manufacturing, wholesale distribution and hospitality industries
- Leading taxpayer advisor when Internal Revenue Service and State Tax audits arise
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) expertise
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Cost segregation studies
Tom was responsible for initiating depreciation reform where previously no depreciable land would be depreciable when its use was subject to obsolescence and excessive wear and tear, such as golf course fairways, greens, tees, and sand traps.
Italian Center – Member of the Year 2003